In 2014 she launched her biggest challenge: her own brand MdeU, which has been growing with the web site www.mdeu.es and corners at the El Corte Inglés department Store in Spain. She came out with three collections: “Heart&Roses”, “Asia” and “Limited Edition” and soon she added “Logo” and “Just say it”. Bracelets, necklaces, earrings, brooches, cufflinks…and even a small sample of pieces for the house “MdeU Home” with silver initials for an exclusive scented soaps which soon became a must.
Year 2016 started with two new collections: “Ellipse” and “Colour”, a renovated web site and a business plan focused in the international market, which took her to Dubai and Jordan. In January 2017, coinciding with the launch of “Universe” collection, she presented her designs in Bulgaria. Very much aware of the importance of the social media, MdeU is daily showing products in Facebook and Instagram and updating the web site.
In May 2017 presents “cLOVEr” a collection created for the jewellery brand “Chocrón”, based on a four-leaf clover in white and rose 18k gold and diamonds.
The end of year 2018 is a new turning point; Miriam de Ungría moves to London looking for a business opportunity, after the positive results of the trunk show organized two months earlier in this city. Her latest collection “Meninas”, first launched in Madrid and then London, is the most contemporary representation of the painting created by the universal maestro, Velazquez.
The 2019 exhibitions, taken place in Sofia (BULGARIA) London, UK (December 2018 and November 2019) and LUXEMBOURG (December 2019) show her increasing presence in Europe.
Year 2020 started with the recognition from the “Art and Culture” Foundation to her carrier as a gemmologist and jewellery designer. Shortly after, another prize as best international jewellery designer was received from the Bulgarian Fashion Academy. She took the opportunity to exhibit her latest creations in Sofia, (BULGARIA) and shared a lecture about diamonds at the Unicredit Bank for the “Women in Business” Association
In 2020, Miriam de Ungría has launched a series of videos showing her gemmological and creative passion. Seen in all social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin and YouTube) these videos show tips, curiosities and interesting knowledge about the world of jewellery and gemmology.
- HRD (Hoge Raad voor Diamant) Antwerp, Belgium. Diamond expertise AETA (1992)
- Jewellery appraisals (1990-1991) EIGJ. Madrid
- Bachelor in Gemmology (1988-1991) Escuela internacional de joyería y gemología (EIGJ) Universidad de minas de Oviedo. Madrid
- Bachelor in Art History Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1982-1987)
- MONOGRAPHIC COURSES:
- Coloured diamond expertise HRD. AETA (2016)
- Jades. AETA (2013)
- Pearls. AETA (2011)
- Commercial quotation for emeralds. AETA (2011)
- Enamel, Lacquer, and Porcelain AETA (2011)
- Plastic jewellery. AETA (2011)
- Introduction to watches appraisal. AETA (2011)
- Turquoise. AETA (2011)
- Jewellery design (1989-1990) EIGJ
- Jewellery handcrafting (1989) EIGJ
- Gemstones treatments (2005) AETA
- Treatments on pearls. (2005) AETA
- Heart and Roses
- Limited edition
- MdeU Home
- Just say it
- cLOVEr (Exclusive collection for Chocrón Joyeros)
- Olive-Tree. Exclusive for a high-end gourmet sector brand.
- Meninas, Collaboration with Felipao, international Spanish sculptor
- Sea World
- March 2020. Sofia (Bulgaria) Private exhibition and Lecture: “World of diamonds” “Council of woman in business”. Unicredit Bank.
- February 2020. Sofia ( Bulgaria) Exhibition at “Contrast” Art Gallery
- November 2019. Luxembourg. Private trunk show and presentation/talk at the “Wine and Business Club”
- November 2019. London (UK). Private trunk show
- July-Aug 2019 Santander (Spain) Exhibition at “La Central 1897”
- April 2019. Sofia (Bulgaria)
- February 2019. (El Corte Inglés y S. Eduardo Jewellery) Madrid (Spain)
- December 2018. London. Private viewing
- October 2018. Meninas Collection. The Art of Living. Madrid (Spain)
- June 2018. Private viewing. London (UK)
- April 2018. Exhibition and lecture. Hotel Inglaterra. Sevilla (Spain)
- December 2017. Galería Ormolú. Pamplona (Spain)
- Nov 2017. Exhibition and lecture. Real Club Náutico. A Coruña. (Spain)
- February 2017 Bulgaria. Hotel Radisson Blue
- December 2016. National Gallery. Amman (Jordan)..
- November 2016 Dubai (UAE). Hotel Ritz. Royal Bridges (collective)
- April 2016 Barcelona. Show Room Cris&Chris.
- December 2015 Madrid. Hotel Unico
- June 2015. Pamplona. Galería Ormolú.
- February 2015. Speed & Bacon Art Gallery. Madrid (Spain)
- December 2014. A Coruña, Galería Vilaseco.
- November 2014. Santiago de Compostela. Hotel A Quinta da Auga
- February 2014. Madrid. Hotel Orfila.
LECTURES AND MASTER CLASSES
- April 2020. Sotheby´s Institute of Art. London. UK
- March 2020. Women in business Unicredit Bank. Sofia. Bulgaria.
- December 2019. Sotheby´s Institute of Art. London UK. “Jewellery making, creativity and expertise”
- November 2019.“World of jewellery” Wine and Business Club. Luxemburg.
- February 2019. “The world of diamonds” Instituto Petrarca. Madrid
- February 2019. “El proceso creativo de una joya” CondèNast College. Madrid (Spain)
- June 2018. “Behind a piece of jewellery” Instituto Petrarca de Humanidades. Madrid (Spain).
- April 2018. Hotel Inglaterra. Sevilla. “Learning about diamonds”
- March 2018 Master class Wedding planner: “Diamonds for a wedding” Condè Nast (Universidad Carlos III). Madrid (Spain)
- March 2018. Desayuno (y cena) con diamantes. Condè Nast. Madrid (Spain)
- February 2018. Master class: The creativity process of a piece of jewellery. Condè Nast College (Universidad Carlos III). Madrid (Spain)
- November 2017. “Word of diamonds”. A Coruña (Spain)
- May 2017. What is a synthetic diamond? Casadecor. Madrid (Spain)
- June 2016 “Who needs a piece of jewellery?” Casadecor. Madrid (Spain)
- MENUDOS CORAZONES. Association for children with congenital cardiopathies www.menudoscorazones.org
- FOLTRA. Rehabilitation centre for neurological brain damage patients. www.foltra.org
- APRAMP. Association for women forced to prostitution (recruitment, help and social reinsertion)
- 2020. Best international jewellery designer. Fashion Academy. Sofia. (Bulgaria)
- 2019. Gold medal; jewellery and gemmology. Grupo ProArte y Cultura. Madrid. (España)
- 2017. Design and elegant creativity. “Escaparate” Awards. Sevilla. (España)
LANGUAGES: Spanish, English, French, Italian.